Welder / Fabricator – 1st & 2nd Shift
Are you a Welder / Fabricator looking for more family time or longer weekends? VM&W typically works 4.5 days a week and from time to time, 6 days. As a result, we close our doors at 10:00am EVERY Friday. Most importantly, Verhoff Machine & Welding takes pride in making employees and their families a priority. In conclusion, our business hours give employees the sense of a three day weekend, every weekend. Therefore, time off = family time. Check us out on Facebook!
Welders / Fabricators operate metal fabrication equipment. Employees will be using MIG, TIG, and ARC welding processes. Also, welders are required to become military weld certified in the MIG and TIG processes. However, they may be able to make some fixturing.
Welder / Fabricator Responsibilities
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and welding specs.
- Required to log in and out of jobs.
- Report quantities completed and scrapped.
- Verify print matches welded part.
- Notify supervisor of quality and tolerance issues, prior to running job.
- Maintain tolerances and finish quality on job during production.
- Have quality control check first part for approval to run.
- Maintain and perform maintenance on equipment.
- Check parts using approved tools from quality control.
- Must use basic hand-held measuring tools.
First Shift: 6:00am-3:30pm Monday through Thursday; 6:00am-10:00am Friday
Second Shift: 3:25pm-1:25am; Monday through Thursday; Full time; 5% Premium
Welder / Fabricator Experience
One year of experience is preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Driver’s license required.
Must pass drug screening.
*However, on-site weld test and math test will be required.*
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
Also, VM&W is an equal opportunity employer.
In conclusion, if you have any questions about our open positions, please contact us here.