Welder / Fabricator – 2nd Shift
Welders / Fabricators will operate metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures using MIG, TIG, and ARC welding processes. They will also be required to become military weld certified in the MIG and TIG processes and able to make some fixturing to meet print specifications.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, welding process specifications, and job traveler.
- Required to accurately log in/out of jobs and report quantities completed/scrapped.
- Verify print matches part being fabricated/welded.
- Notify supervisor of quality/tolerance issues, prior to running job.
- Maintain tolerances and finish quality on job during production and upon completion.
- Have quality control check first part with red dot on work card for approval to run.
- Maintain and perform daily and scheduled maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Check parts using approved tools from quality control and sign off on job cards before moving job to next operation.
- Involve quality control and engineers if parts found to be out of tolerance.
- Must use basic hand-held measuring tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Second Shift: 3:25pm-1:25am; Monday through Thursday; Full time; 5% Premium
- One year of experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Driver’s license required.
Must pass drug screening.
*On-site weld test and math test will be required.*
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance, and 401K
VM&W is an equal opportunity employer.