Production Planner – 1st Shift
Are you a Production Planner looking for more family time or longer weekends? VM&W typically works 4.5 days a week, occasionally 5 or 6 days. Overtime is often available, but rarely mandatory. Most importantly, Verhoff Machine & Welding takes pride in making employees and their families a priority. In conclusion, our business hours give employees the sense of a three day weekend, every weekend, buy closing our doors at 10AM every Friday. Therefore, time off = family time. Check us out on Facebook!
The Production Planner is responsible for efficiently scheduling the overall work flow of products on the shop floor to insure on-time delivery of all products. A typical workday will consist of distributing jobs to the floor, scheduling, and coordinating the work flow between each department. The production planner will also communicate and work with all manufacturing departments to define problems and implement improvements.
Production Planner Responsibilities
- Distribute travelers to the floor
- Schedule and coordinate work flow between each department
- Attend daily morning review meetings
- Work on urgent lists beyond the system requirements, such as emails, phone correspondence and verbal instructions via Verhoff Management.
- Train department supervisors on scheduling software and production inventory system.
- Coordinate and monitor supervisors on schedule changes within each department.
- Monitor job in various departments, review / correct number of parts to complete order.
- Oversee components for multi-level assemblies.
- Willing to learn and interpret drawings / blue prints.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication is a plus.
- Familiar with working alongside engineers and quality control.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and orderly records.
- Must have computer skills and knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
First Shift: 6:00am-3:30pm Monday through Thursday; 6:00am-10:00am Friday
Production Planner Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Driver’s license required.
Must pass drug screening.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
Also, VM&W is an equal opportunity employer.
In conclusion, if you have any questions about our open positions, please contact us here.