NEW TruBend Press Operator – 1st Shift
We are hiring an operator for a new TruBend 8000 series press. Are you a Brake Press Operator looking for more family time or longer weekends? VM&W (first shift) typically works 4.5 days a week. As a result, we close our doors at 10:00am EVERY Friday. Most importantly, Verhoff Machine & Welding takes pride in making employees and their families a priority. In conclusion, our business hours give employees the sense of a three day weekend, every weekend. Therefore, time off = family time. Check us out on Facebook!
Brake press operator will bend, form, stretch, notch, punch and/or straighten metal to meet job requirements and quality on part.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, routers, Job Travelers.
- Required to accurately log in/out of jobs and report quantities completed/scrapped.
- Required to accurately complete material tagging / inventory requirements when moving parts.
- Able to verify material types to be used and perform tolerance checks during production.
- Must be able to read gauges, micrometers and apply principals for geometric tolerances.
- Able to program brake press, restore saved programs, set up and operate brake press.
- Assist engineering and quality to implement procedures and programs to improve performance.
- Required to maintain quality standards, ISO standards, Safety Standards per company policy.
- Perform daily scheduled maintenance on tools and equipment and perform clean up procedures in department
- Assist in routine maintenance and repair on machine.
- Must have good analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
First Shift: 6:00am-3:30pm; Monday through Thursday; 6:00am-10:00am Friday; Full-time
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must pass drug screening.
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance, and 401K
VM&W is an equal opportunity employer