Mill Operator – 1st Shift
Are you a Machining Operator looking for more family time or longer weekends? VM&W (first shift) typically works 4.5 days a week. As a result, we close our doors at 10:00am EVERY Friday. Most importantly, Verhoff Machine & Welding takes pride in making employees and their families a priority. In conclusion, our business hours give employees the sense of a three day weekend, every weekend. Therefore, time off = family time.
Vertical and Horizontal CNC Machining operators must produce quality products that exceed customer expectations on Haas machines. Previous experience and familiarity with tooling and fixturing, Mastercam, PRO-E, and Solidworks would be a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, and job traveler.
- Required to accurately log in/out of jobs and report quantities completed/scrapped.
- Able to verify material types being milled, detect and report defective or questionable materials, and perform tolerance checks during production.
- Verify print matches part being milled. Must set up area and machine for job.
- Notify supervisor of quality/tolerance issues, prior to running job.
- Maintain tolerances and finish quality on job during production and upon completion.
- Have quality control check first part with red dot on work card for approval to run.
- Maintain and perform daily and scheduled maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Check parts using approved tools from quality control and sign off on job cards before moving job to next operation.
- Involve quality control and engineers if parts found to be out of tolerance.
- Notify management of machine failure and assist with maintenance.
- Must use simple/basic math and basic hand-held measuring tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
First Shift: 6:00am-3:30pm, Monday through Thursday; 6:00am-10:00am Friday; Full-time
Experience with CNC is preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must pass drug screening.
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance, and 401K
VM&W is an equal opportunity employer.