Custodian / Maintenance – 1st Shift
The Custodian / Maintenance employee’s main responsibility is to clean the manufacturing plant, outside areas, some office areas, or similar space.
- Clean and maintain floors, walls, lights (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming)
- Clean and sanitize break room (floors, sink, countertops, microwaves, refrigerators)
- Scrub and sanitize restroom facilities
- Empty all trash containers and replace liners. Clean if necessary.
- Remove snow and ice from walkways and parking lots.
- General maintenance of grounds (mowing, trimming)
- Repair lighting throughout facility and assist Maintenance department
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of janitor room and closets
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work at heights and safely operate lift equipment
- Ability to squat, twist, bend, kneel while using tools and performing tasks
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Prior experience is beneficial
First Shift: Monday through Thursday 6:00am-3:30pm; Friday 6:00am-10:00am; Full-time
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must pass drug screening.
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance, and 401K
VM&W is an equal opportunity employer