General Labor Positions – 1st Shift
Are you looking for more family time or longer weekends? VM&W typically works 4.5 days a week and from time to time, 6 days. As a result, we close our doors at 10:00am EVERY Friday. Most importantly, Verhoff Machine & Welding takes pride in making employees and their families a priority. In conclusion, our business hours give employees the sense of a three day weekend, every weekend. Therefore, time off = family time. Check us out on Facebook!
Our General Labor positions perform a variety of tasks in the manufacturing of metal products. However, these tasks may include the wash line, assembly, painting, or gluing. Training for these specific tasks are offered on site. In addition, all employees receive a free t-shirt on their first day.
Our current General Labor positions include:
General Labor Responsibilities
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, and job travelers.
- Must be able to read gauges, micrometers, and apply principals for tolerances.
- Able to lift items weighing 30 pounds, however not exceeding 50 lbs.
- Required to log in and out of jobs.
- Required to report quantities completed or scrapped.
- Notify supervisor of quality and tolerance issues.
- Maintain maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Check parts using approved tools from quality control.
- Must use simple and basic math and basic hand-held measuring tools.
- On-site job training will be provided for specific department duties.
First Shift: 6:00am-3:30pm Monday through Thursday, 6:00am-10:00am Friday; Full-time
General Labor Experience
Driver’s license required.
Must pass drug screening.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
Also, VM&W is an equal opportunity employer.
In conclusion, if you have any questions about our open positions, please contact us here.