Assembly/General Laborer – 1st Shift
Assembly/General Laborers perform a variety of basic manual tasks in the production and manufacturing of metal products including but not limited to the wash line, assembling, masking, gluing, and operating a machine.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, blue prints, and job travelers.
- Must be able to read gauges, micrometers, and apply principals for geometric tolerances.
- Lifting of items 30 lbs. and occasional lifting of items, not exceeding 50 lbs.
- Required to accurately log in/out of jobs and report quantities completed/scrapped.
- Notify supervisor of quality/tolerance issues, prior to assembly and paint.
- Maintain and perform daily and scheduled maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Check parts using approved tools from quality control and sign off on job cards before moving job to next operation.
- Must use simple/basic math and basic hand-held measuring tools.
- On-site job training will be provided for specific department duties and responsibilities.
First Shift: 6:00am-3:30pm Monday through Thursday, 6:00am-10:00am Friday; Full-time
Driver’s license required.
Must pass drug screening.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and Life Insurance, and 401K
VM&W is an equal opportunity employer.